My baby girl Grey

 On December 20, 2013, I found a kitten starving to death, and freezing in my driveway while shoveling snow. I adopted her, and took her in. I have learned a lot of things from a cat owning me.


I am bigger than her, and can force her to do things if I need to. It is easy to bully her into doing what I want. I must keep this in mind, and leads me to my next point.

Patience. This is required, and I must keep this in mind. There are some things that she does not know any better, and other things where she does. She needs constant reminders and must maintain control.

Other times, I get mad and angry. Losing my temper does not do any good. It makes things worse for both. Anger is not righteous. There are very few times when it is, and never ever discipline out of anger. I have a better understanding of this now.

Time - Nothing is more important to my kitten than playing with her, and physical interaction. I can buy her what ever presents and gifts. That does not substitute the time spent with her. Physical interaction. She requires attention.

Whining - After getting her spayed, I had to lock her in a cage, to keep her from jumping and climbing for 3-5 days. This is the under orders from the vet. She whines a lot cause she wants out, and to run and play.

How ever, she does not understand fully the impact of what could happen should the Vet's orders be ignored.

It is important to be firm when and stand my ground when I hear her whining as much as it hurts, and when disciplining her.

The last thing I have learned, is admitting when I am wrong when I do something that affects here. That turned out to be a bad decision. I have done this frequently, and owned up to my mistakes.

Comments

Popular Posts